The aim of the ITEM program is designed towards requirements of public needs and the needs of the labour market:
to train competent and creative young experts with advanced interdisciplinary knowledge in international tourism events management strengthening competitive advantages of being able to use their ICT competencies widely and with personal abilities that tourism and event organizations demand to face the critical challenges in the future.
- Graduates have the knowledge about fundamental and applied research application and results of international, national and local tourism events management, are able for systematic application of them in independent research and for use in business, are able to address innovative solutions towards challenges in professional activity
- Have the knowledge of scientific innovations and tourism events management innovations and of new technologies; are able to apply them to non-traditional innovative product development.
- Know ICT, including event management software, applications and e-events etc.
Are able to analyse, synthesize and evaluate the necessary data of the research of international, national and local tourism destinations and events studies and to use it in scientific, professional development and innovation.
- Are able to apply a critical approach to existing tourism events and innovations to assess and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Have the ability to integrate knowledge and handle complex managerial and creative situations, make decisions in the absence of detailed and precise information.
- Are able to evaluate alternative solutions and their potential impact on the environment.
- Have the ability to apply the knowledge for the development of new management measures and creative solutions for implementation of tourism events and event management innovations.
- Are able to carry out market research and critically evaluate the results for the reasoned choice of product markets and the assessment of profitability of the event, tourist attractiveness, and the impact on tourist areas.
- Are able to evaluate the scientific and technological development, benefits of sustainable development and are able to apply the principles of sustainability and sustainable technologies for events organization and management.
- Are able to integrate into the modern dynamic and challenging tourism market
- Are able for written and verbal communication and convincingly also creatively convey information to professionals and tourism events markets
- Are able to organize individual and group activities, to carry responsibility for his/her subordinate staff and their work quality in accordance with professional ethics and public spirit.
- Are able to find ways and take responsibility for their own and subordinate staff performance improvement.
- Are able for independent planning of the learning process and independent choice of development path also further training for self and professional development.
- Are able to benefit from the scientific research and management activity knowledge also from research experience, are able apply systematic, strategic and innovative thinking skills for independent professional activity or research work
- Are able to make innovative business management solutions and evaluate their potential impact on society and ethical consequences of the activities on the local, regional and national environment.
- Are able to operate in accordance with moral responsibility for its activity and its impact results on economic and cultural development and the natural environment at any level of tourist destination.
Students about ITEM
Lauris Madžuls, Latvia
I didn’t know where to study Masters, but I’ve heard very positive comments from my previous teachers in Rezekne: if I want to study tourism I have to go to study ITEM in Klaipeda and Vidzeme Universities…
Martinš Engelis, Latvia
I was joining ITEM studies, because I wanted to leave the country a little bit for studying tourism. I was involved in tourism for 4 years and I wanted to get a little bit critical insight into this…
Indrė Pociūtė, Lithuania
I am in tourism industry for 6 years and I graduated Tourism and Recreation here at Klaipeda University and I wanted to receive deeper knowledge and international perspective…
Assoc.prof.Dr.Adam Pawlicz, Poland
I think to study ITEM master programme is an interesting opportunity for everyone who wants to study tourism in English. Here you can find an experience from various teachers across the Europe. From my perspective it is very interesting to work with international group of students. It is challenge and a nice experience at the same time.
Daugiau informacijos apie studijų programą galite rasti žemiau paspaudę esančias nuorodas: